Things I wished I had done before my 30s: Maximising Your 20s

Growing into the early age of your 20s can be the period of your life when your energy is at its peak. You most often than not aspire to go beyond the Rubicon. For me, it was the period when I was zealous towards any and everything that crossed my path. I was voraciously consuming all the books I could lay my hands on at this period since I have a great knack for studying. As good as all of what I gave my youthful age to was then, I failed to channel my energy to what I am discovering now that I am in my early 30s. This piece shall be a guide to many who are seeking to maximize their age 20s.

I will as a matter of great importance, suggest that you give yourself wholly to "BUILDING".

Yes! You got me right. Build.

What to build in your 20s:

~Build Capacity.

~Build Enterprise.

~Build Others.

~Build Relationships 

In building capacity, I will urge you my reader to hinge on permitting your mind to run in the direction of knowing and learning. Let this sprout in Skill acquisition, studying to add to knowledge; training and attending workshops, seminars, conferences, summits and other endeavours to expand your horizons. And if you can, give yourself also to volunteering, for in doing so, you will harness your latent potential.

In building Enterprise, let your focus be given to setting up streams of income. I am sure you will be thinking, am I not too young to own a business. No! You are never too young to own an enterprise. You could have a station, mobile, or other means of generating monies legitimately. You could be a sole proprietor, you can be involved in partnerships, and any other acumen you may wish to explore.

Building Others: let this be more of pouring out or emptying yourself for the good of others. It can be in form of impacting and imparting on others. Make sure no knowledge, values, exposure or experience is left without being extended and expressed for the common good of the human race. When you teach others what you already know, it expands.

Build Relationships: let this be a double edge sword, with one cutting into the depth of building both qualitative and quantitative networks of friends and acquaintances. The other shall be for pruning and developing a marriage-focused relationship.

To achieve these; you have to be intentional. You have to be focused. You have to be consistent.

Endeavour also to Pray. Study. Seek counsel. Engage in profitable activities. And be on the lookout to reap from your harvest.

Till I come your way next time. Keep chewing on those.


Written by: 

Paul Shadrach Awugo

paulshedrach31@gmail.com


Comments

  1. This is perfectly in order. Thank you very much for sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE AFRICA WE WANT

Secret of Success: Learning, Unlearning, and Relearning

Change: A weapon for surviving the pandemic effects